Tuesday 19 January 2016

Review with a view



Busy time at the moment. This morning I went to introduce myself as Patron of Reading to Dalton St Mary's Primary school and to be videoed for my review. We are having a challenge ending on World Book Day to choose the best reviews by the children. (I do hope someone reviews one of my books). 

The book I reviewed is a favourite one of my daughters and me too, "The big big sea" by Martin Waddell and Jennifer Eachus. We used to read it frequently and both have happy memories of it. It's a beautiful book, with attractive and carefully drawn illustrations. I love pictures and these are the best! They remind me of my daughter at that age and the pictures of the bay look just like the coast looking towards Black Combe. The story is short but happy, it's about making memories and sharing special times. Something to look back on and share. I never tire of this book and have already shared it with my grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment