Wednesday 10 February 2016

Sharing books, reading and reviewing

Wednesday 10 February
Just back from Lindal Primary School and feeling happy! The sun is shining, we read books and shared ideas, we made great reviews and I have set some tasks! I love positive days like today!

We looked at reviews of Out of Time on Amazon and decided which ones would most make us want to read them. It was fun reading what people wrote about the books and then we set to and wrote some of our own. Before I left I told the children about some of my favourite books from my childhood. I shared the first two chapters of "The Moon of Gomrath" by Alan Garner. As I suspected many of them were captivated with the story and I have left the book for Mr Proctor to continue reading. I am looking forward to seeing them again during Book Week.


The challenge I have set for these children is to design a poster to "sell" a book to a possible reader and convince them to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment