Wednesday 2 March 2016

Busy Book Week activities

Weeks like this are quite exhausting! It started with a long day at York for some English Heritage training for my work at Furness Abbey -I was so tired when I got back I went to bed at 9-30pm-and event so rare it hasn't happened since I was twelve! Then a lovely visit to Lindal and Marton Primary School for some Patron of Reading work. However, a detour was required due to excessive rain (don't we always have excessive rain?)but I finally got there and met KS2 children.

We had a read through of my new book-"THE BAT WHO WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK" and then I suggested they edit and critique it for me! So, after some encouragement they got stuck in and edited like mad with purple pens! This was worse than sending it to the publisher! After all they are the audience! However, despite many suggestions and improvements they said it passed muster!
Editing hard
Today I have been working with Functional Skills English students and learning how to use suffixes and prefixes-quite a change of pace. Tomorrow I am judging reviews at Dalton St Mary's and then onto Broughton working with KS2 and on Friday back again for the poetry competition! Somewhere in there I have to tidy up after the decorator has been and do some more writing! 

I will post some pictures from the other two visits as I get them-.

So, what did you like about World Book Day? I have seen lots of ideas and activities. It would be nice to see yours

No comments:

Post a Comment