Monday 18 April 2016

Deadlines and distractions

It's been a while since I blogged-and if you had noticed-then I apologise! I have had a load of excuses to allow me to put off writing to you all, none of them very good I'm afraid!

So, what have I been doing? I am trying very hard to complete my new book for Amberley Books- Barrow-in-Furness Through Time. I have been busy sourcing old photos, writing the text and taking new photos. All very time consuming. However it is exciting to be writing a more serious history book. I hope to finish by the end of April.

https://www.amberley-books.com/discover-books/local-history/area/cumbria-lake-district/barrow-in-furness-through-time.html

Then, as usual at this time of year I have been training for the 40 mile Keswick to Barrow Walk. This is another thing which takes up lots of spare time-but I love it because I can use the thinking time (when I am not talking to my walk partners) to develop ideas for the books. 

At the end of March I started back at Furness Abbey-I am setting back in for my second season! That went really quickly! It is great to be back because of anywhere you could think of this place is where many of my ideas come from. So it has been rather hectic-but by mid May I will be back in touch with my Patron of Reading schools and look forward to some brilliant summer activities! See you soon!

Me with a couple of K2B Teamies

No comments:

Post a Comment